Friday, March 23, 2012

Problems Motorola RAZR not charging

Message from droider, difficulty getting it to charge
Hi,

I've gone through most of the threads here regarding Motorola RAZR and battery life/charging. I've only seen one person mention in passing a FAILURE TO CHARGE / PHONE NOT CHARGING issue.

Here's what's happened (I've had the phone for just a week):

Battery gets down to about 20% (I have a Smart Action set up to notify me).
I plug in the charger (either the one that came with phone or the one from my Droid Incredible) and nothing happens -- battery continues to drain.
I switch chargers. Same thing.

However, it seems that if I power the phone off and on again, it starts to charge.

Any suggestions?? Am I missing something??

Answer :

At a guess, some app that's running is preventing the phone from going in to charge mode, and when you reboot that app isn't running.
First thing I'd do is disable your 'low battery' Smart Action to see if that's causing a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment