Friday, January 27, 2012

User Droid Maxx Review

motorola droid razr new
Customer's Review About Motorola Droid Razr Maxx from motorola Site :

Ordered it online thru Amazon without holding it in my hand. It's bigger than I thought. Gotten used to it. Always get compliments on the looks of the phone. Screen is awesome. It's my first smart phone so I'm getting used to the features. The bad, is the battery has the worst life than any other phone I've owned since 1994! Not long after I received the phone, it wouldn't come back on after charging. I did a hard reset and reformatted the phone and all was fine, until now. It turned itself off and on again a few times last week. Today, a dozen times this morning. I have a replacement on it's way. I've only had it for 1 month and 3 weeks.

Read an earlier review about problems with AOL. No problem here. When I read mail on AOL with the RAZR, it shows read on my AOL. If I delete mail on my RAZR, it's deleted on my AOL (server). I can log on to AOL with my laptop and see the deleted, read, OR sent mails from my RAZR on my AOL account. Love it. If I mark a mail "unread", or "keep" on my AOL account, the RAZR beeps and shows the mail again...in my RAZR "Inbox".
Not sure why the OP is having a problem, but perhaps Verizon can help you configure your phone so that you have ALL mail showing on both the smart phone and the laptop. Love this device.But the battery life drives me crazy. Looking into buying a Power Pack so I can keep the charge when I'm not near a 110 or 12 volt source.

Now I know why they had the phone in a super protective briefcase on the commercial! I've broken the screen on two Razrs in less than a month. I don't know what constitutes the "Gorilla Glass", but this should definitely be considered a design flaw. I love the other features of the phone and obviously the battery will be consumed faster with 4g. Even though the broken screens may have been a result of my own negligence, I was under the impression that this phone was the most durable on the market. If you get this phone, you better get something to protect the very fragile screen!

Love this phone, except for one major flaw. I have several email accounts (corporate, gmail and AOL) that are pushed to the Razr successfully. The problem is that if I get a notification that I have new mail in AOL, and I reply directly from the email,, there is no record of that sent email EXCEPT on the Razr. Meaning, when I go to my latop and open my AOL mail, the email I sent on the Razr does not appear. Same goes vice versa: AOL emails I send on my laptop don't appear in the "sent" folder on my Razr. I have Verizon Wireless--they verified this and got Motorola on the phone with me to verify it too. Now, if I want to see email I sent from AOL, half are on my Razr and half on my latop. Really, really not cool. Gmail and corporate work fine--i can see my "sent" mail for them on laptop AND Razr.I often need to review what I wrote to someone in an AOL email, and right now I need both a laptop and a phone to see everything I sent yesterday. There is no single source of truth for my sent AOL mail. I figured out a workaround: When I get a notification on my Razr that I have new AOL mail, I open my browser to AOL and log in to answer it. That's the only way to have a record of what I sent, and it's really, really inconvenient. I know AOL is an old fogey, but really guys, so many people in this country still use it. It's not cool for Motorola to just say, " Well, sorry we can't do it right for AOL." I hope they get it together and fix this--i was raving about how great this phone was but would no longer recommend it because of this until Motorola fixes this.

that is, I guess, software based.
I actually bought it over others primarily due to the Amaloid screen which otherwise I only found on S*****s and the new one isn't out so it couldn't be part of my options - thin is nice but considering the other proportions a mill mor or less isn't that crucial - but great shirt pocket dimension - perfect - - - I don't care for top ports though.
As these things are app based there seems to be a loss of the phone concept and I miss and keep complaining about constantly having to 'hunt' for a dialpad and constantly opening the phone to some long 'expired' page/action instead of 'phone'
Now there are some great concept apps pre-installed but they miss the target or need improvement
- Favorites should also let me set an action 'one push call' or 'one push txt' not click and click through options
- Smart apps - great start - way short of what it should do = like allow different call times for certain groups, cause lets face it - family can call 24/7 bar buddies are cut of at 10 and customers at 8 (just one of the things)
- absolutely missing is some help for us old sight-limited users
also concerned with 'updates' that don't identify themselves as to ownership
Now admittedly I am new to 'smart phones' but not new to PC type machines (which basically these are) and get frustrating sorting through what apps do, which OS level or phone or provider they may work on, or what they do tht they shouldn't (scam apps)
But at the same time I also found and use 'auto-end-list' and will buck the status quo by claiming that the battery life is decent - my WiFi is on, my Bluetooth is on, my GPS is on and I can make it 2 days . . turn that screen of during non use.

Battery-
First thing i want to say is many people say how bad the battery life is, and if this makes you nervous to buy the phone, dont worry about it! i charge my phone every night, and use the smart actions, and it always makes it through the day, unless im playing games on it all day(its not that i dont have a job or anything to do, im only 13). If i do play games on it usually it makes it till the evening at least. Another thing, it can do sooo many things at once! I used to have one of the older droids and it took atleast a minute or two to download things, and about a lot of the time the Razr will download about 4-5 apps/games at one time in about 2-5 seconds, very fast, so i am not going to give the battery low stars because i think it does things so fast that it must use battery, which id rather have over a slower phone. I also have a ton of apps on here, a little over 25 that i downloaded, not including the ones already on there when i got it, and the phone is still very fast.
Phone Design-
I saw on another website that the Razr has a faster processing speed than the iPhone, which i think is pretty cool. When i first got my phone, whenever id show it to someone they always thought how cool it looks, and how thin and sleek the design is. It really, i think, is the coolest looking phone. Also, i have seen some reviews that people complain about the little bump at the top, it really isnt as bad as i was worried about before i got the phone.
Camera-
Although i am slightly disapointed about the camera, it really isnt that bad. Some of the droids have a better camera than the Razr, but the pictures actually turn out pretty good if you let it focus, and then take the picture, as it takes it very fast and does not focus first. But if you make sure it is focused, the pictures are actually pretty clear. There are also apps that correct this, i have Camera Mod.
Overall i recomend this phone and anything else people say is wrong with it really make it a bigger deal than it should be.

Great phone, but reviews regarding battery life needs some qualifications. When I first got the phone a little over a month ago, I had battery life issues, meaning that I could not go the entire day without a recharge.
Now I generally get 30+ hours on my phone between charges (< 20% battery remaining). User profile is generally one hour / data talking, tons of text messages, checking / sending personal and corporate email, maybe an hour surfing.
Here's some things to consider.

1) If you are in a "spotty" 4G location, set the phone to 3G so it doesn't waste battery life trying to get into 4G mode.
2) If you can take advantage of wireless connectivity, do it. If you are not in a wireless environment, shut it off.
3) Unless you are actually using GPS, TURN IT OFF - it is a major drain on the battery.
4) Smart Actions - I listed this last, but it should be first. Use the sample ones pretaining to "Battery Saver" that came with the phone. You have to activate them.

Like I said, I typiclly get 30+ hours now between charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment